View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 04:22 PM

Default Moving Up To Vivaldi

I have been working with my dealer to move from my current dCS Rossini and clock to the Vivaldi DAC, clock and Upsampler. It looks like I am ready to pull the trigger now that the MQA update for Vivaldi trio is almost ready. In addition I have found that I have no need for a disc spinner so I can avoid the significant extra cost associated with the Vivaldi transport. After I purchased the Rossini player/DAC I never once inserted disc into the tray.

Another point for consideration I was also reluctant to add another box to my set-up as there is really space in my "cabinet". To make space I had been contemplating dumping my vinyl rig altogether. Trading in the SME would have lessened the impact on my wallet but once I saw the current entry point for a turntable close to the quality of mine it made no sense to trade it in. I will jury rig a platform raising the turntable jus enough to get my phone stage underneath it freeing up a spot for the additional dCS unit in the cabinet.

It will be at least a week before the swap is complete. I will keep you updated.