View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 04:38 PM
Go Dawgs

Tim - I do high quality vinyl rips of all my albums and I’ve found the same thing, the quality of sound from a good vinyl rip can be outstanding. Now the caveat with my setup is I don’t rip to any hi-Rez format, my rips are to standard 44.1/WAV file quality since I only use the files for my car and streaming music over Sonos throughout the House.

As far as software, from what I’ve read, Channel D’s Pure Vinyl gets the nod in ultimate sound quality. I use VinylStudio which is extremely easy to use and produces a fantastic rip.......have never had one issue over hundreds of albums and the quality is as good as I could hope for. I go straight out of my ARC phono preamp into the line level inputs of an NAD PP4 phono pre analog to digital converter. From there I go USB into my MacBook Pro using all Audioquest cables. This solution has worked absolutely perfect for me ever since I’ve had my Analog front end.
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3