View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 11:12 AM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maks View Post
Nope, but I've bought other Mc gear online (mostly here) without hearing them. The point is Mc is all about making people buy at brick and mortar dealers to get better service, but if they offering NOTHING other than, "yeah we don't have that, but we'll sell it to you" what's the point? Where is the value? Why would I drive to a dealer, not hear a piece of gear, have them make profit off me for literally doing nothing other than pushing paper, then I have to drive back to pick the gear up? Versus calling up an online dealer, getting a price, saying OK, then having the box arrive at my door? This isn't to take away from Mc dealers who do provide value like in home demos and such. It just rubs me the wrong way when dealers want to make money when they do zero work.
Agree. Try to support my local dealer, but he has no interest in having the gear/speakers I'm interested in on his floor. Happy to order for me with pre-payment. His business decisions do not work for me.

I did consider the MA252, but I need more inputs. Think it will be a popular item for McIntosh.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag

Last edited by Formerly YB-2; 12-19-2017 at 11:15 AM.