View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 02:31 PM

There are many misunderstandings by you of what I've posted so I'll try to clear some of them up, as hey…I'm a giver, and be warned I might involve what I call humor in this post. I test my mains speakers frequency response by listening to them…a test CD clearly shows where the bass diminishes, and an RT analyzer can also be implemented if one needs to. I'm not missing anything. Biamping, which is exactly what you propose, has been around a LONG time and not a revelatory concept regardless of Robert Harley's book which, indeed, I missed. The length of single ended cables to MY powered woofers in your described biamp scenario would be about 10 feet each (although when I tried this setup I used a much shorter cable as described in comments you claimed to not understand), and indeed have zero to do with the filters festooned to the power amp…more to do with noise and signal loss of long unbalanced cables, something I've dealt with professionally, personally, and in my role as a Master Gardener and mechanical watch collector. My point about the preamp signal going directly to the the subs was also missed, as I noted that a REL high level signal uses the signal from the POWER AMP, and thus the tone of same. My Fire Bottle is not the "flea watt" version, it's the 12 watt per side HO version which is likely using a couple of its watts when I listen at normal levels and has plenty of headroom, unlike an amp with 3 or 4 watts total…big difference there with finesse and dynamics for days. Assuming my position without paying attention to what I actually say seems like a waste of time for you, but I get it…you hear what you want to hear. Also note that I DID test your Filterpalooza concept (you missed that? really?) and found it not up to my standards as an active audio professional with ears of pure gold (maybe more like pewter but hey…I'm old). Thanks anyway for sharing your joy of discovering biamping, and I'm sure there are people out there in foreign lands or Los Angeles who will line up to join you in the Flea Watt with Filters campaign for Dynamics and Headroom (FWFCDAH). Soldier on!