View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SELYPB View Post
I bought a pair of Aerial 20T V2's in 2009 to replace my Aerial LR5's. I was using a BAT VK600 SE at the time along with a Denon AVP-A1. I always wanted to get a dedicated 2 channel BAT pre-amp (VK 52SE) but never got around to it. I ended up selling everything I had (Except my Aerial Speakers) do to the poor economy and the wife loosing her job.

In 2011 I purcahsed a Mcintosh C50 and a MC452 and got the 20T's back up and running. This was the first time I had the 20T's running with a 2 channel pre and it was amazing. Unfortunately a year after buying the Mcintosh gear I sold it off to pay for my son's first year of College. I haven't had the speakers up and running since early 2012. My son has one more year of college to go and I was hoping to get the 20T's back up and running but the wife wants to downsize to a smaller home so I might be putting them up on the used market soon.

As far as the sound goes I think the Aerial's are one of the most underated speakers on the market. I haven't heard everything out there but I did compare them to Wilson's (great speaker as well) B&W, KEF, Revel and a few others. The only issue that I can see with the speaker is the narrow listening window. If your in the sweet spot though these are amazing at soundstaging and the bass is just awesome. I grew up in the 80's so I listen to alot of 70's and 80's rock and for me these speakers where the answer.
Nice post. Thanks very much. Is the listening window extremely narrow? For example, if you were in a recliner and reclined back, would simply moving down a foot hurt the sound? Or are you talking about on a larger scale, such as standing vs sitting?

Also, I've read that they don't work well in a small room. However, I've heard from one owner that he didn't have a problem in a smaller room. What's your opinion on that? Thanks again.
TAD Reference One MK2 Loudspeakers, Esoteric Grandioso M1 Monoblock Amplifiers, Esoteric Grandioso C1 Linestage Preamplifier, SilenZio Music Server, Shunyata Everest 8000 x 3, Omega XC x 3, Omega QR x 2, Furutech GTX-D NCF(R) AC Receptacles

Last edited by mchydro; 05-11-2015 at 07:42 PM.