View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tima View Post
Since you have a bunch of nice tools and 'table coming together, unless you are experienced in how to move yourself, your hands, around them, one suggestion is to start with a low value or 'practice' cartridge for learning. You'll have several objects near the cartridge and the exposed Etna cantilever is right out there. Even putting on its stylus guard requires care. It really does take practice. I found myself gaining confidence and comfort using a lesser valued cartridge to learn.
Excellent advice. I actually bought the usb microscope to look at the setup on my Denon DL-304. I decided to try it out on the lesser Audio Technica. Glad I did. I'd be spitting BB's right now if I messed up the Denon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardallred View Post
Good advise,

Thanks

R
Tima's suggestion is a pretty darn good one. Especially with a cart as expensive as the Etna is.
McIntosh MA8000; McIntosh MC1502; Canton Vento Reference 1 DC; E.A.T. E-Flat; Soundsmith Paua Mk II; Technics SL 1210 MK5; Audio Technica AT-150 MLX; Tascam BR-20; Teac X1000R; Pioneer RT-707; Oppo UDP 205; Denon DCD A-100; HP All-In-One Touchscreen Server; JRiver MC 28; Woo Audio WA6; Shure SRH 1840; SVS SB 1000; Jolida 502BRC; Jolida JD9; VPI 16.5 RCM; Wireworld Oasis 8 Speaker Cables; Audoquest Columbia 72 DBS IC's; Panamax PM-5400 (source components only)