View Single Post
Old 10-22-2016, 06:57 AM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Charles.......Want it or not, you are becoming a tube roller. Chasing the sound of particular tubes is what keeps a tube roller rolling. .
And that, as a wave of melancholy comes over me this AM, is the problem. I'm now chasing sound, not listening to music. The last time I would say I listened to music or enjoyed a DVD w/o distraction was during the initial run with the JJs. There are other factors at play (such as schedule demands and other stresses), but as far as the system goes, my tube rolling isn't helping me. Even now, though I like the Mullards pretty well and could see leaving them in the 2300 for an extended period, I'm listening to the sound, and waiting for them to make a mistake, as it were. Maybe I need to put the JJs back in and see if that fixes things; I was thinking about that last night.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks