View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 09:05 AM

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Bryston A1 Speaker – Customer Feedback

February 2017

Hi James

Love the Bryston A1 speakers. They sound great! You guys did a great job developing these.

I had (EDIT) speakers before these but I think I did things a little backwards.

I purchased the (EDIT) speakers not expecting to change my system. My wife then suggested that I upgrade the rest of the stereo. After a lot of research, I then purchased the Bryston Pre-Amp and Power Amp. The (EDIT) speakers were very bright.

Then I purchased the Bryston A1 speakers and there was a noticeable improvement from first listening. The high frequency was improved and much better base and mid-range. Probably the better base and mid-range had as much to do with the improvement as anything else simply because I am hearing more of the music (at least that’s my thought and I am no expert.

I just know what I like in sound and what I don’t). I purchased the speakers at Audio Eden in Aurora. They were great to work with.

I had not experienced the “bright” sound before so I googled it on the internet and found that I was not the only person to fall into this trap. I tried all the simpler fixes such as interconnect cables etc. Finally decided that I needed to change the speakers.

Glad I did!

George