View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiohippo View Post
If your using McIntosh C2700/MC611’s then pick the SF Amati or BW 800 Series as they will blend better.
I'm not sure how you arrive at this conclusion. The Sasha DAW has been recently reviewed in Stereophile (January 2020 issue) using Mac 2300 pre and 462 stereo amp. To say it received a rave review would be an understatement. The review was as much about the outstanding sound quality of the Mac amplification as it was about the outstanding sound quality of the DAW. There has been a lot of discussion about the synergy between Mac and Wilson over the years. In my system the blend/synergy between my 1.25KW's and my Alexx is very good. This review of the DAW corroborates what I have felt all along: Mac and Wilson are very compatible and synergistic regarding their respective sound signatures. There is nothing I have ever heard from Wilson suggesting anything to the contrary. It's very worthwhile to read this review because you have a 9,000 stereo power amp (the Mac 462) getting the best out of a Wilson Sasha DAW. The DAW is a true thoroughbred, a racecar, if you will at a price of 38,000. I believe a 2700/611 combo would be a fantastic and very cost effective match.

In addition, the DAW is probably the best value in the Wilson line and has the absolutely newest Wilson drivers, cabinet, and crossover technology. Being a tribute to Dave Wilson by son Daryl Wilson, it is Wislon's very best effort. The Amantis is a discontinued speaker. There is value in having a current model, especially when it is a Wilson and sounds as good as a Sasha DAW. The review of the Amantis can be found on line (March 8, 2012 Stereophile).

Last edited by Charles; 12-09-2019 at 06:08 AM.