View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 09:39 PM
Go Dawgs

Chris - Well, you've described the sound of the two speakers you auditioned. It would be difficult for any of us to offer an opinion that would be relevant to your ears since we all have different systems and tastes in music etc. As far as what you have described, my experience with both of these models mirrors what you heard as well. I hear a bit darker, more relaxed sound with the Amatis while the Sasha DAWs I would characterize as neutral as well with maybe a bit more defined bass. It's really going to depend on what you like the most! If it were me and still undecided, I would try to audition both of them again with about 5 albums/songs that you know by heart. Spend some time with these songs and try and figure out which sound you enjoy the most and would have the most fun listening to over the long term. Both are quality speakers that would work well with McIntosh amplification, just going to depend on what type of sound you most prefer!

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3