Thread: Dac ?
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 10:33 PM
Retired

I keep jonesing for an Orchard, but I can't imagine what I would do with it. I've got about 900 CDs ripped into FLAC files, but I've probably listened to about a dozen of them since going thru the effort to rip last winter. On the bright side, I sent my Stax UA-7CF TA off to be rewired with Nordost Valhalla silver. Hope to have it back into the system the week after Thxgvg. If I ever get serious about digital, the Orchard will be at the top of my list. If MHDT was using one of the original chips I would probably put one "on my shelf". But, as it is using a more-or-less current R-series, they won't run out, so no hurry.

Here is a good thread on the Orchard with more info than you ever wanted to know on the various versions of the R2-R chipset they use (and various other iterations):
https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/thre...ng-dac.219436/ My thinking is member decooney has it about right.

The ANK 4.1 also looks nice. ANK now offers a 4.1x, 5.1 & uber chic 6.1 if one wants to go 'up-scale' from the very nice 4.1. I sure wish ANK had a better website. The info is very difficult to dig out.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag

Last edited by Formerly YB-2; 11-20-2019 at 07:19 PM.