View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecknik1 View Post
There is more involved then the price difference between the M1.1 and 611, I have heard both through Magico S5 with Esoteric K1 at the local dealer and the CH Precision is on a completely different level.

Sorry no comparison even with the Mac,s autoformers and multiple output taps.
I would point out that for some reason Mac's and Magico's are not always a good pairing. Mac's and Wilson's usually are. I have heard over the years comments like "no comparison" and "on a completely different level". In terms of distortion, power delivery, and any other measurement the 611 will equal the M1.1. There are so many variables in play at a dealer. Question: The M1.1's weigh in at 220 lbs a piece and the 611's at 94. I suppose the dealer had a lot of muscle ready to swap out the amps and that you listened for at least 5 hours to each amp over a wide range of music uninterrupted? Seriously, it takes several months of careful listening to arrive at firm conclusions. That's why people write reviews. If you read MF's review in order to get the best out of the M1.1 he had to tweak his system considerably. This probably took him days to weeks of careful listening. MF uses the Alexx as his reference. DK used the Alexx as his reference also. Both amps received very positive reviews through the same very fine speaker, the Alexx. This would indicate to me that your listening session might not have given the 611 a fair evaluation. Too many variables in play and too little time for a reliable evaluation in my opinion.

Last edited by Charles; 06-15-2019 at 01:29 AM.