View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Very impressive. I have said all along that Mac's are the best buy on the market. If you had to engineer all the features from the ground up the 611's would cost 40 grand/pr. at least. I think he bought the review sample and his speakers were the Wilson Alexx which is a sensitive speaker but requires a lot of current. Again, extremely impressive.

Add. thought: I recently read the review by MF of Stereophile of the CH Precision M1.1 mono amp. It received a very fine review both listening and spec. Speakers were Wilson Alexx with very fine ancillary equipment. However, the cost was 104,000/pr. and the amp was basically no more powerful than the 611 though there were more options such as variable negative feedback and power delivery. I could however point to the Mac autoformers and multiple output taps which the CH didn't have. The main difference was price and of course the joy of owning a beautiful piece of handcrafted Swiss gear. A price can't be put on that. But it does point out the extreme value of Mac gear which frankly to my eye is the most beautiful equipment in the world.
+1