View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 06:06 PM

Congratulations on the Ultra SS for your speakers!

As to your question regarding Symposium platforms, I replaced Rollerblock Jrs with Stillpoints in my main system, but still have Symposium Svelte Shelves with Couplers in another system. As I understand it, the purpose of the Symposium platforms is to isolate, but also to dissipate energy from the components. The Couplers are supposed to provide a solid connection between component and platform to ensure the energy is drained from the component to the platform, which then dissipates the energy. Putting Stillpoints between component and Symposium platform seems like it would defeat that purpose. I suppose you could try them under the platform, not sure if that would have any benefit. Since you have 8 on order, before you put them under your speakers you could try a set of the SS under one of the Symposium platforms and see if it makes a difference.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2