View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 11:52 AM

Post Speaking of the JVC RS4500 Laser projector and it's performance ...

Good morning guys,

You know I was thinking of posting this a few different places on AVS.
Then the more I thought about it I actually think I much prefer to (Share) this with my fellow owners and even prospective owners.

You know as so many of us know we can always see & read all the on going, never-ever-ending (Negative) comments on any given projector.
That includes the JVC RS4500 when it very 1st was introduced to the market place by Magazine Reviewers as well as New Owners.
Then JVC in a very-very short Time-Frame JUMPED up and made Firmware changes and then the same Magazine-Reviewers and of course the New Owners were THRILLED with it.
And after all the extensive research I have done before & actually after I purchased mine my (Opinion) is the RS4500 is simply "AWESOME".
I now have 1,300 Hours Plus on mine already in less than 5-months of ownership.
And because of what I have seen, read, and personally observed from it's performance brings me to this very post.

I watched the complete Limited NETFLIX Series GODLESS yesterday with no interruption.
I started really early and completed all 7-episodes that evening so it was a long series for one sitting but me being retired I can do that sort of thing.
I actually streamed it using my ROKU Ultra and it was in HDR 5.1 Audio and it was flawless with the video as well as the audio.
Guys, if your a fellow that loves WESTERNS ???
This is not to be missed I promise you but if you are a family man with smaller children you might want to view it Without them.

Now to the reason I'm sharing this ...............
The series is without doubt Adult material but if you like Westerns that have ACTION, NUDITY, Bad-Guys, Good-Guys, great Story-Line and then as a real bonus.
It's in HDR with 5.1 Audio and viewing it my RS4500 automatically switched to (High-Laser) so guys the Bright Scenes were AMAZING and the Detail was perfect.
Colors were as one would expect from an HDR movie and especially viewing on the 4500 laser.
This to me was just as good as if it were on a 4K HDR disc.
I couldn't believe the BRIGHT Scenes in the daytime as they were Jaw-Dropping guys !!!
The Detail as I said was as perfect as anyone would ever hope to be viewing.

Now, some of you know I have a dedicated (DARK-BLACK-CAVE) for viewing.
You also in some cases know that I'm viewing on a Stewart Firehawk 1.35 gain, 120" 16x9 W/4 way remote masking screen.
(For those wondering how frequently I use the masking I did on this NETFLIX GODLESS series)
I also have a Samsung HVAC unit to cool the H/T and especially the RS4500.
Well, here are the facts guys as to my experience yesterday with my system and streaming the NETFLIX GODLESS series.
I had the Samsung preset at 74-degrees and set the fan on low the day before.
I did not change the temperature to a lower setting I left it right where it was to see what would take place with the 4500 and it's internal fans.
Happy to report to you guys interested the fans NEVER-EVER RAMPED-UP to the TURBO-Mode.
In-Fact I checked them all through the day as I came and went with putting my hands up to the Front-Air-Deflectors.
I'm not the expert on how many speeds the internal fans have but if they are simply like the Samsung on Automatic those speeds vary according to the heat generated and the H/T temperature.
They were not on LOW for sure but they never ramped-up to the really high-speeds and certainly not the Turbo-Mode.
So there was no real need for me to have the H/T temperature at the 73-degrees as I have had in the past.
And I think this was a really good test as I was watching this series all day long and into the early evening.

You know as I sit here at this computer I'm really trying my best to think of what I think you guys might like to know.
Okay, my (Opinion), if you have not watched something in HDR or 4K Ultra HDR on specifically (HIGH-LASER) on a smaller screen like mine with Gain you cannot maybe truly appreciate why I am so THRILLED with my given set-up.
(I should mention mine (RS4500) was Custom Calibrated along with the Audio by Chad B)
I'm serious guys if you were to see the GODLESS NETFLIX Series in my H/T when the DAYLIGHT scenes were shown you just cannot believe what the RS4500 can produce for BRILLIANCE/BRIGHT image wise.
I'm saying as a Fact from my personal observations the RS4500 is truly a Bad-Ass-Machine and will remain so no matter what comes down the pike with newer development.
Anyone that can get one of these and has a normal size screen that JVC built & designed it for will Never-Ever IMHO be disappointed.

You will also notice that Chad B set-up my Marantz AV8805 to automatically change to the best audio selection as it did here.

Here are some pictures below I took to share with you as always.
A post of mine without pictures guys just wouldn't really be me, now would it.

NETFLIX GODLESS Link below,
https://www.netflix.com/title/80097141

Terry

JVC RS4500 Laser Projector:
My "New" Home Theater Up-Dates with Pictures, March 6th, 2019 .
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-ge...st-2018-a.html

Mitsubishi New 16-Seer, 24,000 BTU Split-Unit ... for Heating/Cooling & Humidity control of Home Theater
Marantz Pre-Amp Processor: ... AV8805
Panasonic DP-UB9000 New ... HDR 4K UHD Blu-ray Player:
Roku: New ... 2022 Ultra HD-4K-HDR-Atmos Streaming Player
JVC RS4100 New ... Laser Projector
Lumagen Radiance Pro New ... 4242 18G Ultra HD Video Processor
Stewart Filmscreen: New ... Stewart StudioTek 130 G4 123" 16x9 W/4-Way Remote Masking
JML Speakers ... 2-JM Lab Utopia Mezzo Front, 2-Side Utopia, 2-Rear Mini Utopia
Focal Sopra ... Center Channel
Triad Atmos New ... 6 Triad Custom Repeat Gold 8 Mini Monitor Plus in-ceiling speakers W/Matching Flat Black Grills
SVS PB16-Ultra Subwoofers New ... 4 PB-16 ULTRA Subs
Transparent Speaker Cables ... Transparent TW Plus HP 10-2 W/Plus Bricks
Classe' Amps ... 2-CA201, 1-CAM-350, 2-CA-M400
ATI AT526NC New ... ATI AT526NC 6 Channel Amp for
6 Triad Atmos in-ceiling speakers
A/C Power New ... All Separate 20-Amp Circuits W/Dedicated Hospital Grade Receptacles
Richard Gray Power Conditioners New ...
1- RGPC-1200S, 9-RGPC-400S
Panamax MB1500 ... 2023 New 1500VA UPS Battery Backup for JVC RS4100 laser projector
Eaton ... Ultimate Home Surge Protection
CRITEC TDX100M New ... Modular Series Home Transient Voltage Surge Suppressor
HT Components/Gear Cooling ... 3-sets of Z-Fans, Cool-Stack I, Suncourt Variable Speed Thru Wall Fan
ATM ... Active Thermal Management Cool Stack 1 Exhaust Fan Assembly
Home Theater Component Mid Atlantic Rack ... Slide-Out 50" Track
Sanus CFR1620 ... Modular open-frame component rack with Middle Atlantic 4-Post H/D Shelves
Room Acoustic ... Acoustic Innovations panels
Seating ... Ekornes Stressless Wave
Rosco Velour Black 6003 ... 2-coats of Black primer.
Then 2-coats of Full-Strength Rosco #6003 UN-Diluted to complete Dedicated Home Theater
Area Shag Rug New ... Liliah Deep Black Low-Shag by Andover Mills 12' x 15' Rectangle Area-Rug
Custom Calibrated H/T New ... Chad Billheimer on September 4th 2023 did my JVC RS4100.
The results were 100% Totally Awesome I Highly recommend his services. https://www.hdtvbychadb.com/home-1.html