View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 09:43 AM

Default Hot Keys and Use

OK I would suggest reading most all you can about JRiver Media Center and download the trial and play with it. An of course make sure you pay for and register this great application. The developers of apps like this put countless 10000s of hours to make it happen and they need to be compensated not only for the efforts and great product they developed, but to also allow them to make future improvements too

I feel this is the most bang for the dollar I have EVER!

I have offered some suggested settings to help in making your computer if is going to be a media type server more performance oriented for music use.

All this said, let me over one word of advice for everything if you adhere to making changes to the application and or your machine and hardware.

ONE CHANGE AT
a time ONLY. That is the only sure way to gauge the change to verify that the change=benefit.

OK onto the Hot Keys and features that help you drive this app with out using only a mouse.

A feature I like to use to get around and operate this application is the use of Hot Keys. You can even make your custom ones too. Just like on your computer. Hot Keys take you to a whole new level of loving an application and making you a PRO at navigation.

I took their documentation removed the hyper links and created a PDF attachment.

Keyboard Hot-keys

Media Center provides a number of keyboard shortcuts (hot-keys, accelerators) to facilitate operations. In addition to Media Center-specific shortcuts, standard Windows Alt key menu navigation/accelerator keys are available and readily discoverable by holding down the Alt key, and taking note of the underlined letter in the menus and sub-menus.

Several keyboard shortcuts depend on the context, and will be described multiple times in the tables below. For example, Enter may initiate playback of the selected items, or pause video. Page Up may move the selection to the top of the list of visible items, or reset image playback to the first item.

Most shortcuts are valid only when Media Center is the foreground application. Some, marked as (Global), function even when Media Center is running in the background.

Media Center also supports user-defined keyboard shortcuts.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HOT Keys J River.pdf (33.2 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by djwhog; 03-02-2014 at 01:21 PM.