View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 05:30 AM

Hello All, I'm going to take this thread on a slight tangent (as I am new and unable to start a separate thread)..... The question is regarding the E650 and/or E480?
I've raised a similar question on an earlier thread about both but still feel not 100% comfortable with the answer and I was hoping to get even more clarification.
As much as I would like not have to spend any more money than I have to, the power of each of these two integrated amplifiers is substantially different, but again I'd like to ask ... which amp to suit ProAc D2 loudspeakers with a sensitivity of 88.5db and a recommendation of amplifiers rated 30 to 150 watts. If I wanted to play the system at a higher volume (occasionally) be it rock or classical, which would be the most suitable.(dynamically, musically etc).

The reason for asking is that my local dealer does not stock either of these two models and I will not get the opportunity to listen to either in the foreseeable future. The dealer does stock from time to time the E370 and/or E270 and will need to base my purchase on either of the two 'lower' models.