View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 06:45 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Good read Stephen. Pretty typical problems for a small company that outsources for manufacturing of certain components and is experiencing growing issues. As a previous owner of a small business that employed over 50 employees for over 10 years, I can certainly relate. The important part is that they have real talent designing products that are actually in demand and receive praise. Not being able to keep up with demand is not a great position to be in, people tend to be inpatient and go elsewhere but it is even worse trying to rush a product out to consumers and foregoing Q/A and ruining your reputation.

I have been completely and utterly satisfied with 3 of the Schiit products I have purchased so far. All of them met or exceeded my expectations for price to performance and that is rare these days. If I decide to add another Schiit component, I would rather wait in line than be dissatisfied with fit, finish or performance.
Truer words were never spoken, my friend.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.