View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 04:29 PM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
Using the spreadsheet maintained on the Roon site it is pretty easy for me to identify which albums are available in the MQA. Yes it takes a couple of steps for me to use Tidal/Sooloos to tag the MQA version but never more than a minute.

I must say the 10 days since Tidal started streaming MQA have been the most enjoyable I have spent in this hobby for years. A couple of releases are the best sound I have heard anytime and anywhere. I'm not saying that all MQA titles sound better than any PCM or DSD because in the end MQA doesn't make up for a poor recording just as Hi Rez and DSD do not.

Here are the + 941 titles currently identified and they are all not listed under "Masters" in Tidal.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...vid=1968149103
Wow Jim, this is getting interesting!
Nice list of various styles.
By the way, I see that Maria Callas has most albums of all.
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables