View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 04:53 PM

Default My BDA-3 and BDP-3 arrived!

After searching for almost a year and a half for a replacement for my McIntosh MS750 that bit the dust, I decided to give Ivan a call and talk about the Bryston BDA-3 and BDP-3.

Forward 2 weeks and my new toys arrive. I quickly learned that my digital cable wasn't going to work connecting the two since both ends were RCA and the BDP has a BNC. Ivan to the rescue again - Wireworld cable arrived a couple days later.

Last night I fired up everything and find that I cannot access the drive on the BDP-3. I called Bryston at lunch today for some help. It is not very often that tech support starts with one of the engineers. Chris was super helpful and quickly determined that the drive wasn't formatted. He took over and formatted the drive while I returned to work. Got a call at the office to confirm that my BDP-3 is all set and ready to rock!

Not that I like to have to use tech support out of the gate but as they say "sh!t happens." It was a pleasure to know that Bryston doesn't mess around when it comes to support!

I'll post some photos shortly. My two channel system is a work in progress but its almost where I'd like. I am using my McIntosh MX119 as a pre-amp along with 2 MC601 amps, a sonos player, MVP861 for cd's and the new Bryston BDP-3 and BDA-3. Speakers are McIntosh XR200's. Nordost Blue Heaven speaker cables, wireworld digital and MIT balanced cables.

Thanks again to Ivan for pointing me towards the new toys.

Jack

Jack