View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
Joey, pity you weren't able to get the room tuned to the 800's, but that's also why there are smaller speakers in the range. From my calcs, 21x16x8.5 is about the minimum room size for a large speaker, so in your smaller room you would need to resort to some type of active EQ / room correction to get the bass balance correct. The main thing though is that you're happy with the end result, and having tried the 800's you're now content in the knowledge that you have the most optimum speaker for your listening room, so you no longer need to wonder about the 'what-if's'.
Dave

It was not just the bass, the bass was sounding quite good towards the end of the month-long stint since I added more traps and moved them around. They never worked where I had taped the prior 802D3s were....

However, I think I was more bothered by the midrange and lack of coherency of the staging/imaging. I think the reason was because I didn't have the room length.

Had I not had my 802D3 in my room prior, I would've stuck with the 800D3 as it was already sounding good.... but because I had the 802D3 prior, I knew that I had a more "preferable" sound to what I was hearing coming out of the 800D3 in my system, if that makes sense....?

When are you getting your 800D3?

Last edited by joey_v; 07-18-2017 at 07:56 AM.