View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitator View Post
Sounds like great dealer support as that's a good outcome - funnily enough I listened to the 800D3 and 802D3 a few weeks ago with my wife and we both preferred the 800 - having said that they had a large room and a set up similar to you describe in terms of speaker and listening position. This would simply not work in our house and thanks to your advice I know now we would be wasting our time with the 800 as much as i love the idea of it!

Now I just need to audition the 802D3 against my current 802D2 in home and see if the price jump is worthwhile (my suspicion is it will be).
I had the 802D2 for 5 years before I purchased the 802D3. There is a night and day difference between the two. The 802D3 is much more musical and 3-D. The sound is completely detached from the speaker. The bass is far more accurate allowing me to hear textural details in bass instruments I never knew was there. Voices sound life-like and palpable where you feel the singer is in the room with you.

While the 802D2 is an excellent speaker the new D3 is on a completely different level. I believe much of this is due to the new cabinet design and driver materials which has reduced distortion.

I am sure if you decide to trial the 802D3 you will agree as others on this forum have that this speaker is superior in all aspects of sound reproduction.