View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 08:44 AM
Bodhisattva

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEE View Post
Early in my hi-fi venture, I lived with a pair of Infinity RS1b. Infinity was Arnie's company before Genesis. This speaker had given me lots of enjoyment but some headache also. The highs and midrange were excellent though I can't compare meaningfully with my current S5 as they are so far apart in time. Eventually I found I was not able to integrate the bass column. I also doubted that the bass servo was not speedy enough and often did more harm than good.

I also had limited experience with the Infinity IRS Beta and the Genesis II. They were better but (to me) still had similar problems, though to a lesser degree as the RS 1b.

Like Adam, I also came to the S5 from Wilson’s Sasha.
The RS1B's look lovely in classic Chatsworth Oak. I owned a pair of Reference 60's in oak and seeing them in the room always brought a smile to my face Yeah the weak point with many of the more complex Infinity Reference Standard speakers was coherency, though I wouldn't say that about the IRS-V's I also owned a pair of Renaissance 90's, which in comparison to the S5's did sound a bit disjointed between the mid bass and highs.

Cheers,

Last edited by Bodhisattva; 08-31-2013 at 08:51 AM.