View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdkim View Post
Paul:

I'll chime in.

My C4 IIs perform fabulously. They lean a bit towards the warmer side - not as lush as Sonus Faber but not as precise/detailed as Wilson. Are there better? Absolutely...just hard to find at the $20k mark IMO. The rest of your gear play a major role, naturally. I used to have a full MC system(500t & 601s), and really enjoyed the sound. Now, I did find a bit of bloat in the mid to lower bass but your musical tastes may alleviate what, I found, a minus with the C4s and MC. And, frankly, I'd rather have a tad of bloat than any leanness in my system.

The Esotar2 tweeters are well regarded and I have absolute zero fatigue even after four-five hour listening sessions. The Dynaudios give a nice smooth wide stage roughly five-six feet off the ground giving the impression of sitting 10-15 rows back in the floor section. Now, as I said they are not perfect. I have definitely heard a deeper 3D stage as well as more detail and nuance in performances through other speakers (so hard to pinpoint because it could be the room and/or electronics as well). I have also heard better speakers at very low listening volumes. But, for $22k retail, and probably better (cheaper) once you get serious and chat with a dealer, I can unequivocably recommend the C4 IIs as a MUST audition. Good luck.
Michael ... Thank you for chime in and good to hear your opinion .
What other speakers did you compare with C4II ? Also did you find the better sound pair with your current system ?

I already talk with dealer and he is giving me a fair price but can not able to make an audition....