View Single Post
Old 04-09-2021, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLF View Post
The Shunyata power distributors work for large screen TVs too and do wonders in a home theater system; at least ours. The Everest is used in my stereo while my Triton V3 and Typhon V2 improve our separate HT system with regards to both picture and sound. In our HT system, the picture with the Shunyata is more saturated with better contrast and inky blacks. Furthermore the sound is more natural and dynamic.
Remarkable to me how well my LG OLED responds to a better power cord feeding the power strip into which its captive cord is plugged.

I use a Synergistic PowerBlock in my AV system, which is pretty much just a power strip. This came with a Synergistic Red power cord - which is a $300 power cord. An Alpha HC freed up from my two-channel system so I tossed it in just for kicks. I definitely heard and saw an improvement - but it wasn't until I later pulled it that I saw how profoundly it was benefitting the picture and sound. Swapping back in the Synergistic Red was hugely disappointing - to the point where I wondered if I had been wearing an older set of eyeglasses. I had wanted to recoup some dollars from selling the Alpha HC, but no way was I going to go back to settle for that Red cable. Next up I tried a Shunyata Venom V12 NR. The picture and sound both improved but it did not get back to the level of quality I heard with the Alpha HC - so the Alpha HC is still down there.

No doubt a Shunyata power distributer would serve me well down in that system. I'm eager to see what will be coming to replace the PS8, which is no longer listed on their website.
Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri power cords, QSA Lanedri Revelation XLR interconnect, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256