View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Jim.......Coaxial to coaxial connections provide an excellent digital signal path. So does BNC to BNC, and BNC to coaxial. BNC connections are often used in the professional environment to provide a more secure connection and usually provides the correct cable impedance required for the input. Going either way will provide superior performance over USB.

Yes, there are BNC to RCA SPDIF coaxial adapters. I had Wireworld terminate a Silver Starlight digital interconnect with RCA on one end and BNC on the other. Doing that eliminates the need for an adapter. Ivan can get this done for you.

Dan,

I’ve been using a Synergistic Research Galileo USB cable with my Aurender N10 as that is what my local dealer had recommended before I got my Aurender when I was using a Mac Mini.

My Galileo USB does sound quite good and better than other USB cables that I tried with it with both of my DACs. In the past I found that USB cables sound quite different from each other. That being said, I am interested in trying SPDIF cable of one type or another to compare the sound. I’ve sold all my digital cables along time ago. The best sounding that I used with my old Theta Ganeration 5 DAC was the Illuminations Orchid XLR which was better sounding than their RCA equivalent, the Illuminations D60, so I am biased with XLR based on that experience. I am aware that this kind of thing is system dependent, but have you or anyone else have any experience with XLR digital with your Aurender N10?