View Single Post
Old 04-27-2019, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post
Soundmig, congrats on the incoming Revel's. Hopefully they will provide you with the sonic bliss you're looking for !
Thanks Mikado463, So far so good. The dealer and his wife spent a few hours with me working on speaker positioning and listener position - and so far so good Well enough that I coughed up the $$$ for purchase.
These have been pretty well reviewed so I don't have anything really to add to what has already been said. But.... at the risk of being redundant, they have an uncanny ability to transport you to the recording venue and make you feel like you were/are there.
Still getting a handle on these big boys in a small room (10.5' x 11.5' x 9'), but surprisingly they are working! I'm still trying to decide if the ports will remain open or if the plugs will be used. Most likely they will stay open as these things just sing when they are allowed to breath (especially the chest tones of male vocals and "body" of instruments like bass clarinet and French Horn). The bass is "maybe" a wee bit more tidy with the plugs in - in my small room, but nothing wrong with concert bass drum and pipe organ pedal tones being allowed to "Flow"
Yes, these are great speakers - very happy!!!