View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 11:45 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwilli View Post
Well done Stephan. I used to use Taguchi methods and mini tab software to perform DOE in the lab. Wow, that was many years ago and Would never have thought to apply it to audio questions.

Perhaps I can apply it to setting up my new room. # and location of panels, Location and settings of sub... hmmm
Ah, yes, Tacuhi methods...they are very good for doing "Robust Design" DOEs, that is, making a functional response immune to the influence of noise. Yes, I've used MiniTab, but JMP has far exceeed when it comes to performing DOEs.

And yes, you can do a DOE on setting up your room if you can get ahold of a calibrated mike and REW (Room Eq Wizard). If so, I can help you design the DOE and it would be fun to do the analysis once you have the data.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.