View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 09:23 PM

If you're not satisfied with the bass, before spending any money on subwoofers, I would get a good omnidirectional microphone, and run Room EQ Wizard (free), or another comparable room measuring program.

Depending on your room, it can be difficult to get good bass response. If the base seems lacking, it is possible that the room is the culprit, not necessarily the speakers.

I am very happy with the bass of my 802 D3, some frequencies did seem a little lacking, so I ran Room EQ Wizard, and found I had a 20 db null at about 50 hz in my listening position. I did some strategic bass trapping, and now they sound even better than they did.

Most base problems are easily rectified with bass trapping, once identified. I would definitely suggest you check out realtraps.com, Ethan has some wonderful resources there about identifying and solving room mode problems, and his company also makes very good bass traps.
B&W 802 D3 | McIntosh C500T | McIntosh MC601 | McIntosh MEN220 | McIntosh MPC500 | Oppo BDP-105 | AQ Fire XLRs | AQ NRG-1000 Power Cords | AQ Diamond Ethernet Cables | Straightwire Virtuoso H speaker cables

Last edited by KaliKid2013; 12-06-2019 at 09:37 PM.