View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saz View Post
Hi jdandy-
I don't have any experience with stillpoints but I'm sure they are a quality product that would improve the sopra's considerably. However, the price of the stillpoint Ultra SS is about double the price I paid for the IsoAcoustic GAIA-1. The IsoAcoustic GAIA-1 seem to me to improve both the warmth and resolution of my sopra's in my room.

ejr1953-
I noticed similar effect. I've had mine about as long as you. I have been dialing my system in around the focals (carpet change was dramatic) and finally hit a point where the sound relaxed.
Wow!
Mind if I ask how you removed the stock spikes, to install the Gaia's? I'm considering doing the same thing for Stillpoint SS's, not sure if it's same on the Sopra 3's compared to the 2's, but I heard you have to loosen the glass base. Clueless how this would be done easily without risking cracking the base, short of laying speaker on it's side.

Audio research LS28SE preamplifier, Aurender N10 Streamer, Topping D90 DAC, McIntosh MC462 amplifier. Focal Sopra 3 speakers. Salamander Archetype rack, Symposium Acoustics Segue shelves, Silver Eclipse 7 XLRs, Shunyata Everest power conditioner, Alpha V2, Delta V2 and Venom V2 10/12 power cords, and Audioquest Oak speaker cables. GIK Acoustic's bass soffits and 244 bass trap Art panels room treatments. Sony XBR75X900e 4K TV and Sony UBP-X800 Blu-ray player