View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80B View Post
At one level you can't go wrong with either model - both are excellent speakers. I went from 802Ds (1st generation) to AFs, and at about the same time upgraded to a C2500. If you have a C2500 (not clear if you've got one or are considering it), you'll have a great match.

As advised above, trust your ears and listen to both in the best environment/conditions possible. Advice here might inform you what to listen for, but not necessarily what will sound best to your ears. At this level it's about personal preferences, matching components, and finding what touches you vs. "better".
Hi 80B,

Thanks for your sharing.

I currently use c2500 and 601s with the cm9v1. I share the same thoughts too. The 802s are very transparent, neutral and clean. With the C2500, it might be a good blend to make it more natural without becoming too warm.

My main concern with SF are their trademark sound that leans towards being warmer. This may not go as well with pop and fast music. Not many videos on youtube on the AF compared to the 802 and 803 d3s. Can hear the differences already via these videos.

My local dealer is closed on Mondays; was planning to go today.

Thanks all for your sharing.