View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 07:23 PM

Since a pre-pro does not have speaker output cable connections, I think you meant that you connected the Integra's L/R pre-outs to your designated "pass thru" line inputs of the Blowtorch. In this case when you select that input you can use the volume control of the Integra to control the level of all channels of your HT system, with the main two front speakers being driven thru the Blowtorch and whatever power amp you have connected to it. There is one catch though, the volume control on the Blowtorch would have to be set to some level above its zero setting in order to pass any signal to the connected amp and main speakers. You need to be cautious in setting this level, since if you set it too high you can overdrive your main speakers relative to the others. So start with a setting slightly above the minimum and try to find the VC position that sets the front speakers to the proper volume level relative to the other speakers. Then make note of that setting and always remember to use that setting when using this setup. I can't stress this enough, you need to be cautious using such a setup or you can end up with blown amps and/or speakers. I hope this has been helpful, and let us know how it goes.