View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 10:05 AM

I have yet to hear any digital correction that didn't negatively affect the sound in some way and I've heard some of the better ones on the market. I know the digital guys will tell me how I'm wrong, but I listen and trust my ears.

The DBS deal on the AQ cables works. I've heard some tests with the same cables having it and not having it. It lowers the noise floor a bit. Subtle, but it is positive. One of the few add ons that seems to be. It just dissipates the loading of the dielectric or something like that. It's not active and that's why it won't affect the sound. I find them to be the most neutral in all the different systems I've listened to them in. Just my ear though. I used to have a pair of the VDH Revelation. I loved their line and even used the MM1 cart for many many years.

I am in love with the Horizon balance interconnects. I put the Niagara's back in and listened. It was so obvious that the Horizon was soooo much better, that I just swapped them back in. I'll be selling the Niagara (a GREAT cable for the money IMHO) and a pair or Water that I have (all balanced). Time to sell off everything I'm not using right now.