View Single Post
Old 09-02-2020, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josep View Post
You just ruined my day!

i have the MA6700.... i guess i will try to demo the NAIM.
Sorry, I didn't mean to ruin your day lol.....
But the Naim Uniti Nova is very impressive and at $7500 it's a true bargain considering you get a very good quality streamer/DAC built in. It sounded even better than the MA8900 or any Mac integrateds. No comparison.
The Naim Uniti Nova comes with Tidal & Quboz streaming apps and is Roon ready. I suggest you pair the Uniti Nova with Naim Uniti Core music server. They sounded great together.

I know all Naim amplifiers outputs are conservatively rated, but the current delivery that matters, not the power ratings (wattage). The MA6900 & MA8900 are rated way more powerful than the Naim Uniti Nova at 8 ohms but the Naim didn't break a sweat driving just about any speakers with overal better sonic fidelity than the Mac integrateds or even separates. The Naim sounding effortless, musically engaging & involving, warm, relaxed laid back yet punchy with lots of energy, musical drive and highly excels in PRAT (Pace Rthym And Timing) and speed without sounding forced and analytical. I'm a big fan of Naim.

My cousin owns the Naim Statement NAP S1 monoblock amps ($180k) and the Naim Statement NAC S1 linestage analog preamp ($90k) paired with his Magico M6 speakers ($175k/pair), which soon to be replaced with the flagship M9. The best setup I've ever heard at any given price points. The Naim Statement gears are cost-no-object design gears and the best separates (pre / power amps combo) I've ever heard in my life but are very expensive indeed.

Last edited by Dilettante; 09-02-2020 at 04:09 AM.