View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 04:40 AM
Bodhisattva

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1chen View Post
I can understand that you love your S5 over anything else, but to cut our Alexia completely and not using similar room, electronics and even cables sound a bit too much of an unfair comparison.

Honestly, the Alexia is very truthful to the sources, cables and even positioning. A change in any stuff in the chain will show you how bad one of the component can be. Obviously, with such an unforgiving speaker like the Magico Q series, you really need very good electronics to partner with these speakers to sound its best.

On the other hand, the S5 is a very nice speaker to live with, whether you pair it with a very extreme high end amps, cables, source on super high end racks; or with a good integrated amp, a good CD player with some decent audiophile cables, the S5 will still sing pleasantly.

unfortunately, these may not be the case for the Q series or Alexia. Without a high end setup, there is chances that the system is going to some bright, spongy bass, weird soundstage and these goes on.

Sorry, I am not bias... but I have lots of friends started off thinking of the S series and end up with the Q Series.. The only comparison no one yet to done is the Q3 vs the Alexia but I will be doing this on next week when the dealer will send his Demo Q3 to my home. I can expect the Q3 to have outstanding performance against the Alexia but can it completely overtake it? Next week I will know the outcome.
S1chen, i'm confused about your post, firstly because I only made a brief passing mention of the Alexia's in my OP, and secondly because the post you quoted was in reply to a direct question I was asked about that speaker. To keep the thread on track I earlier posted a link to another thread where i'd already covered that topic. If you'd like to post a "Wilson Alexia vs" thread i'm more than happy to post my thoughts there, or in the aforementioned thread.