View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
Wayne, I actually asked the Dealer how many hours the Alexia's had on them before the demo and was told they had around 250hrs. If anything, once my S5's are fully played in they will further overtake the Alexia's in my view. Bare in mind though that is just my subjective opinion, and as always YMMV.
I can understand that you love your S5 over anything else, but to cut our Alexia completely and not using similar room, electronics and even cables sound a bit too much of an unfair comparison.

Honestly, the Alexia is very truthful to the sources, cables and even positioning. A change in any stuff in the chain will show you how bad one of the component can be. Obviously, with such an unforgiving speaker like the Magico Q series, you really need very good electronics to partner with these speakers to sound its best.

On the other hand, the S5 is a very nice speaker to live with, whether you pair it with a very extreme high end amps, cables, source on super high end racks; or with a good integrated amp, a good CD player with some decent audiophile cables, the S5 will still sing pleasantly.

unfortunately, these may not be the case for the Q series or Alexia. Without a high end setup, there is chances that the system is going to some bright, spongy bass, weird soundstage and these goes on.

Sorry, I am not bias... but I have lots of friends started off thinking of the S series and end up with the Q Series.. The only comparison no one yet to done is the Q3 vs the Alexia but I will be doing this on next week when the dealer will send his Demo Q3 to my home. I can expect the Q3 to have outstanding performance against the Alexia but can it completely overtake it? Next week I will know the outcome.