Thread: 13 Reasons Why
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
I haven't seen the series.
But I've read in our newspaper a serious warning for parents not to let their children of 12-14 years watch this without guidance.
I watched the 9th episode last night and it came with a disclaimer that due to the graphic sexual assault depicted, it was not recommended for children. That's the only episode so far with a specific warning. The entire show is rated MA, so that should be a clue that it isn't for kids! However, since bullying is so pervasive, I think young teens should watch it.

As a former teacher, I can say I'm glad that I rarely had to deal with such obnoxious teens! Also, my school was much more pro-active about suicide prevention, drug/alcohol abuse, bullying, etc., and did a far better job at monitoring dances. I didn't see a single adult present at the one dance they've shown. I realize this is a fictional story, but it's illegal to have unmonitored dances. If I were young and considering a career, this show would dissuade me from becoming a teacher! (Or maybe being a parent, too!)