View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 12:01 AM

Tonight I decided to explore the high resolution capabilities of the Luxman. 192, 384, 2.8 and 5.6Mhz files. Since I have no way of streaming the DSD files, I brought my MacBook over to the system, plugged in the Wireworld Silver Starlight 7 USB cable and let it rip. Starting with 384Khz files (I already streamed 192 to the Luxman before) and all the way up to 5.6Mhz. I don't have many files but the ones available are very good recordings.

The 5.6Mhz file of Derek Jones Run with me (which can be downloaded for free as a sample from Bluecoast Music) had me floored. This intimate and simple recording of a piano and bass was so vivid and so real that it was virtually holographic. With the lights dimmed, I could almost reach out the touch the instruments as they took on an almost eerie 3D palpability. What can I say, the well recorded material in that kind of resolution is just scary good. The Luxman D-06u passed the test with flying colors and I will be adding some more high resolution music to my collection for sure.

Thinking of joining the BlueCoast Music Prime. https://bluecoastmusic.com/blue-coas...e#.WqIHJExFyUk

Last edited by PHC1; 03-09-2018 at 12:14 AM.