View Single Post
Old 03-10-2020, 07:18 PM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
I am in the minority but I disagree that cables shouldn't add or remove anything from the signal. I look at cables just like any other component in my set-up. I A/B (sometimes C) everything before inserting it in nays system. If a component gets the SQ closer to what I want to hear then I don't care if it is adding or removing something.
I actually think you are in the majority while my view puts me in the minority. I don’t have a particular “what I want to hear” in mind other than to say that I just want my equipment to get the heck out of the way of the music. I have many audiophile friends select cables that help to flavor the music to their liking. I don’t want cables to do that for me - I want them to vanish as best as they can. The Alpha interconnect did that better than any other cable that I’ve tried. Same for the Sigma USB.
Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri power cords, QSA Lanedri Revelation XLR interconnect, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256