View Single Post
Old 03-10-2020, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Guild View Post

My understanding that cables are supposed NOT to add or remove anything from the signal casing to the frequency. I also know that cables can ONLY remove (attenuate) parts of the frequency which will lead to an emphasis on some parts of the frequency. For example, some (I said some) copper cables attenuate high frequencies which make them bolder and warmer cables. On the other hand, "pure Silver" cables are supposed to be a superior conductor and supposed to send the whole frequency with no alteration. My questions is, is this applicable on Shunyata cables?

e?
I am in the minority but I disagree that cables shouldn't add or remove anything from the signal. I look at cables just like any other component in my set-up. I A/B (sometimes C) everything before inserting it in nays system. If a component gets the SQ closer to what I want to hear then I don't care if it is adding or removing something.

Audiophiles are always making choices. Tube vs SS, Tubes Brand A vs B, cartridges, Class A, B, AB, Class D etc, planer vs box, vs horn........ If a cable brand A vs B gets me closer to what I want to hear then assuming the price isn't crazy (hard to define) it might get a place in my system.