View Single Post
Old 03-10-2020, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Guild View Post
Hello everyone,
What about the Shunyata Alpha? is it a transparent cable?
Transparent is a relative term. While I have never tried the Alpha speaker cables, I do have Alpha interconnects. They are by far the most transparent interconnects I’ve owned. Previously brands I owned included MIT and Nordost.

I really don’t think you can go wrong with Shunyata’s cables. They also represent a tremendous value. Nordost cables are overpriced in my experience.

My first experience with Shunyata was to replace all my Nordost Brahma power cords and Nordost Quantum power conditioner with just Shunyata Alpha HC power cords. After selling all the Nordost stuff I actually came out ahead while at the same time getting a significant upgrade.

One more thing about Nordost is their signal cables are designed to be used with their power cords. The low frequency attenuation you heard would lessen with the appropriate power cords in place.
Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri power cords, QSA Lanedri Revelation XLR interconnect, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

Last edited by kennyb123; 03-10-2020 at 03:38 AM.