View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by decooney View Post
Gotta question for you guys who've tried various amps from Dennis.

While I love the tone and sound of my 10wpc Inspire Triode Hot Rod KT150 amp, my custom speakers at 91db need a bit more power to light up my air motion transformer tweeters.
I'll probably have to end up re-selling it and stepping back up to 60wpc mono blocks. Or, find some older DH amps and send them to him to modify them, if I can find some with more power. This is for a 2nd set of speakers I'm working on developing that will top out at 92db max at 1w/1m. I already own a Cary V12R with 50/100wpc tube amp, it sounds amazing with upgrades so I'm familiar with what my speakers can do and just know I need more power to make my speakers perform at their best. Separate discussion.

Question:
Since Dennis departed from Cary Audio (say in the past 5 or so years), do any of you know if Dennis ever made any higher power mono block tube amps above 25wpc? If so, what is the name/model of the amps?
Not mono block but here you go.

[http://www.stereomojo.com/AES%20Supe...eampreview.htm

A fabulous amplifier made by Cary Audio in the U.S.A.! Dennis Had, the founder of Cary Audio, was seeking a way to make an amp that sounded like the mighty CAD-805 single ended monobloc amps in a package that the man on the street can afford. The secret of this amp (and any amp) is the output transformers. This amp has texture. And tons of it.

The amp is point to point wired so tweekers will have a field day. It runs the tubes very easy so there is no drama down the road. In fact, you can tube roll and this amp will allow you to use 6L6GC, KT66, KT77, KT90, KT120, as well as KT88 and 6550!

Last edited by FloridaBoy; 04-24-2018 at 06:05 PM.