View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 10:27 AM

[QUOTE=jdandy;946970]rushca01.......From Auralic's website: The ARIES G1 connects over Wi-Fi to digital sources like network attached storage, Internet streaming services like TIDAL and Qobuz, Internet Radio, and USB drives to bring high performance streaming to your home audio system.

With the Auralic G1 you will still need music file sources connected to you G1 by either an Ethernet cable from your router, or by WiFi connectivity to your router. You will also have the option of connecting a hard drive via USB to the G1 and/or a NAS (network attached strorage). Then your Auralic G1 will feed a digital signal via a high quality coaxial or AES/EBU cable to the Yggdrasil DAC.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't he do the same thing using an Arcam rPlay? Parts Connexion has them on sale for $299 and free shipping. He still has to have a NAS and could use a refurbished Mac Mini with jriver for a lot less $$$ than the ARIES G1. He would need an IOS device to use the jriver remote app.

That is my plan and my Arcam arrives today. I got a fully refurbished 2012 Mac Mini for about $450 on the auction site. I'll be using a MHDT Labs Orchid Dac.

Last edited by FloridaBoy; 01-14-2019 at 10:32 AM.