View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
The new SF Aida is the only speaker that I know of that I would consider in my room as a replacement for my Alexx. However, it probably has too much low and mid bass to be compatible with my Thor. Mike Fremer gave it a superb review (A+++) in a recent Stereophile but it did have a very peaked bass in his room. I believe SF has moved on to a more accurate less romantic sound. Kudos to them. Live in the present not the past. To say the SF is not the epitome of "highend" is just plain silly. It's like saying Mercedes is not a luxury brand or Ferrari is not a sports car company.

Charles
Just because something is new does not always mean it is better. Living in the past is not an accurate statement when your talking speakers less than a decade old. More accurate sound, what does that even mean ? less midrange and more forward high's ? What makes that sound better? I go to a concerts and I would'nt say oh this music doesn't sound accurate because it sounds the same as it did in the 80's ie rock bands. Its all just someones opinion. Romantic sound is another term repeated on forums, if having jazz and classical music sound good is romantic sounding what is wrong with that ? Playing a trumpet by say Chris Botti on a more forward sounding tweeter can make you turn the volume down really fast.

Last edited by 1KW; 12-30-2018 at 08:29 AM.