View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteban View Post
That was my understanding as well, and the reason why I asked the original question in this thread. I use a PS Audio Duet, which supposedly is one of the few conditioners that does not limit the current flow. I am experimenting at the moment to see what sounds best, but my amp is really not too thirsty. The manual states a 250W consumption. Initial comparisons did not show any differences at all, truth be told (and I live in a condo). The biggest difference the PS made in my system was the improvement on the VIDEO side of things. The picture quality on my Panasonic plasma is definitely more stable, less "grainy", and contrast has a lot more "punch".

Thanks all for your input.
I too had the PS Audio Duet. I bought it the same time as my original amp and never did an a/b test.
About a yr later, I decided to listen with and without it to hear the difference. The Duet was put on Audiogon the next day.
I do think that the right conditioner can make moderate improvements in lowering the noise floor and increasing the sound quality but I haven’t done any research since then. I am looking once again but would really like to try and find something that will protect everything, take nothing away, add performance values but cost no more than a grand.
I’m still looking…..