View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 02:15 PM

Thanks that is encouraging. That said I did a test at the recommendation of BAT and the hum seemingly went away. I plugged all pre and amps into the one outlet using a power strip and powered on and the hum was gone 95% or lets say what was already very lite and hard to hear with your ear up to the speaker is now nearly inaudiable. So I'm replacing a panel, (not the one the circuits ran off of). It was heating up and causing a burn problem due to shotty install most likely when we bought the home a few years ago. Its a good thing I had these guys here, this was a serious fire hazard. Any who, they are going to install a upgraded panel and breaker system which is commercial grade as they say I have cheap panels. We are then going to run out of the new upgraded panel a 6 guage wire down and put a sub panel in for just the stereo system. My runs now are like 110 feet with 10 guage wire. Once the sub panel is in it not only will be on a better panel and bus system but the runs then will be only 20 feet or so. He is going to run the test only on the sub panel to see what is going on once done. He also said a lot of my noisey stuff just from looking at what is in each panel is in the panel with my stereo outlets in it. I hope it works. they are working on it now.