View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitator View Post
Hi all

I’ve had to rearrange my rack to better organise things and decided to move my Mac 1.2KW’s out from the bottom shelf so things are not so cramped. I actually don’t mind the look of the Amps sitting beside each speaker and then my Quadraspire rack in the middle.

The big question is whether sitting the amps straight on the floor, given I have a suspended bamboo floor, is the best place for the amp as opposed to putting it on some amp stands. I’m more worried about resonance than dust....

I’d love to hear what others have done or found in terms of placing amps directly on the floor v stands or even footers under the amps.
I've parked my McIntosh gear on the hardwood floor for many years with zero problems. (I would not do it on carpet due to static.)

Actually the advantage of NOT using a rack in that room was that the components were on the right of my listening position, not front and center and the harsh reflections from the McIntosh glass components were much more evident than any benefit from a rack as I later discovered.

The gear being on the floor and down low allowed me to much more successfully treat the first reflection points in the room instead of components with glass being in the way.

There are NO components in audio systems that are proven to be sensitive to vibration in terms of "operational difference". Temperature, YES, Vibration NO. (I'm talking about actual electronic components like transistors, resistors, inductors, capacitors, etc...)

If the vibration is strong enough to cause "fatigue" and failure, you will have many more problems other than the stereo system.

FWIW and YMMV

Last edited by PHC1; 07-14-2019 at 01:44 PM.