View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 04:04 PM
Cool, calm scientist

I'm still of the view that you're going to obtain a more significant, enjoyable and engaging experience by upgrading your power distribution system first.

Here's my rationale: the upgraded power distribution system improvements will be very obvious. You can decide if you like and enjoy the improvements; my guess is you will like them a lot. If you do like these enhancements, and you still decide you want to upgrade the amp, you'll want to maximize the performance of the new amp with your improved power distribution system because you already know what it brings to the system.

If you just opt for a new amp: 1) you won't know the degree, nature, and experience of what an upgraded power distribution system brings and 2) you'll be spending a lot of money in obtaining, IMHO, an incremental upgrade. And 3) if you haven't improved your power distribution system, you still won't be getting most from this investment in the new amp.

Just my 2¢.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 12-13-2019 at 04:06 PM.