View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 11:34 PM

Today I removed the Maestros and re-installed my SR-Z1 along my standard Leviton outlets... Frankly, it seems I judged the Maestros too quickly. Now that I am with my previous outlets, I can say that the sound with the Maestros was much cleaner, more air and details. More sparkle, notes are less rounded around the edges. The presentation with with excellent recordings show the true potential as there is definately a layer of haze that was removed with the Maestros. Or, as said in the review from enjoy the music, there is less stuff in the way separating the listener from the artist. I believe what they say is accurate. I find the Maestros to be also more quiet. I have to be honest here as I only have 1 SR-Z1 installed so for sure things would fare better with 2. The Maestros especially once broken in with good cables sounds more lively. I had just wished the Maestros had that fuller sound of the SR-Z1. So in the end, I almost regretfully sold them today but I wish to find the attributes of both oultets in the Shunyata CopperCONN. Cross fingers.. Either way, the Maestro is a very, very good sounding outlet especially at its price point.