View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranklinLG View Post
Ok, in all seriousness, let me address each:

1. I have spoken with Matt. He seems to think the GM70 would be a spectacular addition. But also speaks highly of the CC34. My read and impression is that the "wow" factor will come with the GM70 and not the CC34. If I've misrepresented Matt's comments I hope he will chime in.
2. Flying to SF - I wish I could. Interestingly, I just learned this evening that there is an outside possibility that I will be there in October. If that happens, I will DEFINITELY visit Matt - provided that he's in town.
3. Bordeaux - you make my knees knock...

You know this is pretty crazy stuff - how blessed we all are!

Have a great night, Freestone!
Jonathan,

I think the biggest improvement path would be to upgrade to the GM70's. We've been talking about fine differences between Shindo pre-amps, but installing the GM70's will rock your world, trust me. One of the great things about Matt is that he strives for accuracy in his description of Shindo products--but he errs on the side of modesty, which is refreshing and professional. The GM70's are simply the best amps my ears have heard in the 25 plus years of being an audiophile (admittedly my experience is almost all tube amps but I've had some great ones, Komura SETs and the Cortese, to name a couple).

You will not look back from this upgrade.

Steve